To save costs and become more agile, businesses small and large are increasingly virtualizing their data center infrastructures and applications. Now they can extend the benefits of virtualization to their remote locations to become more operationally efficient and spin up WAN services faster and dynamically.
Enterprises and service providers face the following challenges today to provide network services to remote locations:
- Remote location network services must be delivered on specialized dedicated hardware platforms that require local administration and dedicated rack space
- A network service failure requires a service call and local IT expertise to recover the network service
- Management and support are needed on separate physical appliances at the remote location
With Cisco ISRv, the challenges are addressed by taking advantage of the operational efficiency virtualization delivers.
- Run Cisco ISRv on a shared x86 compute platform
- Remotely configure the ISRv routing and traffic, redirecting technologies to service-chain other Virtual Network Function (VNF) services such as WAN optimization, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), and Wi-Fi sharing the same x86 compute resources
In addition to bringing enterprise-class networking services and security in a virtual form factor, the Cisco ISRv can be used as a building block for scalable network service offerings. The included Enterprise NFV components allow the ISRv to fill roles traditionally reserved for hardware-based devices, including routing and security devices. Virtualizing these complex functions allows service providers to consolidate numerous instances onto a single server, and to easily scale as new customers come on board or networks are expanded.
Built on the same proven Cisco IOS XE Software platform that powers the Cisco ISR and Aggregation Services Router (ASR) product families, it offers a rich set of features, including routing, VPN, firewall, Network Address Translation (NAT), Quality of Service (QoS), application visibility, and failover features.
m rhoncus ligula sed fermentum congue. Ut vitae diam risus. Nullam suscipit ullamcorper gravida. Nullam dapibus sem eu mauris rhoncus euismod. Donec scelerisque interdum posuere.
Contact us directly! Call us at 1-800-649-6741 or fill out our Contact Form for more information about how VoIP can help your company.